NAACP Chapter 6899 Web Page
Your 1-stop source for information on the most dynamic, active group on Southeastern's Campus!
As a chapter we are in tune with the current political and social undercurrents
of our time, particularily under the following catogories:
Criminal Justice: Racial Profiling, Police Brutality
Health: HIV/AIDS, Gun Violence
Education: Affirmative Action, African-American Retention in Higher Education
Voter Empowerment: Voter Registration and Turnout, Voter Education, Election Protection
Economic Development: Credit, Entrepreneurship, Financial Planning
Meetings are held in the Student Union Ballroom Room 229 every Tuesday at 4:45pm. Anyone can attend and participate.
Our membership dues are $15. $12 goes to national office, and $3 stays right here. For that price you get an ID card, plus the chance to buy a T-shirt. Membership also entitles you to take part in the chapter, and attend conferences in the State, Region,and National arena.
President- Brandon Robertson, SGA senator.
1st Vice President- Laquisha Thompson, History major, Teacher cert
2nd Vice President- Jason Thomas
Treasurer- Regina Gulliam
Secretary- Jennifer Williams
Faculty Advisor(s): Eric Summers, Muticultural Office Head, Lamont Jenkins, Co-advisor
1. Membership- Recruits new members.
2. Finance- Responsible
for the budget.
3. Press and Publicity- Publicizes events and programs through local media outlets. Responsible for the web page.
4. Program and Research- Informs student body of facts concerning Blacks.
5. Education- Plans educational programs.
6. Housing- Works to improve the abysimal residential life situation.
7. Labor and Industry- Works to limit discrimination, inform students of jobs and opportunities.
8. Polical Action- Handles matters like election debates and voter registration.
9. Health- Informs Blacks
about health issues, covers sex educations.
Upcoming Events Contact Us Links Photos Videos NAACP Main Page
pagemaster : no one right now....