Below is an excel file of the force from a rocket as a function of time. If
the rocket has a mass of 121 grams, a diameter of 3 cm, how high will it go?
You can assume an air resistance coefficient of 1/2.
- Use Excel
- To open the file in Excel, right-click, or control-click on the link and
choose "save linked file to..."
- You can assume the mass of the rocket does not change (although this is
- You can estimate the density of air as 1 kg/m^3
- What forces are acting on the rocket?
- Create a column for each force, for the net force, and a column for the
position (similar to how you do in VPython)