Where: Center for Faculty Excellence, Seminar Room (103), Tinsley
When: Thursdays 12:30-1:30 (check below for actual meeting dates)
Why: For stimulating discussion of Science & Religion (and good food).
Who: All interested faculty, staff, and students welcome
Schedule of Meetings:
(1) Thurs. 9/15: Dr. Matt Rossano, Dept of Psychology, SLU, “A History of the Soul.”
(2) Thurs. 9/22: Dr. John May, LSU Dept of Communications, "Some Reflections on Science, Religion, and Film."
(3) Thurs. 10/6: Dr. Matt Rossano, Dept. of Psychology, SLU, “From Simian Rituals to Papal Encyclicals: The Evolution of Religion.”
(4) Thurs. 10/20: Dr. Russ Pottle, St. Joseph Abbey and Seminary College, "'Science and 'Religion: Other Thoughts and Observations"
(5) Thurs. 11/3: Fr. John Carville, Vicar General Diocese of BR, "Recent Controversies in Ethics: Stem Cell Research and Nutrition and Hydration of Patients in the Persistent Vegetative State."
(6) Thurs. 11/17: Dr. Harrell Weathersby, Dept. of Human Development, SLU, "Carl Jung's Approach to Religion"
(7) Thurs. 12/1: Dr. Al Burstein, Dept. of Psychology SLU.
“A Fourth Great Awakening?”
* As always the lunch is free *